- WEBPAGES: Each course has a webpage. Start from anywhere on the list here ». Buttons top right of each page make it easy to quickly browse through all the courses or back to the list.
- PDF: Two ways to view the printed Course Guide booklet - PDF version:
- PRINTED BOOKLET: Are you on the mailing list? To receive a hard copy of the Guide for you - or more for your parish, contact the office: toll-free 1-866-694-2409 or email: email@example.com
- WELCOME GUESTS & ASSOCIATES - SUMMER WEEK 3 - July 23 - 29
- FREE PUBLIC LECTURE: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 @ 7:30pm - Naturally speaking… with Judy Steers. All are welcome. See more about free lectures, poster & details here »
- LEAP - Leadership, Experience, and Adventure Program - with Cameron Gutjahr and Daryl Drozda - details » [weeks 2 & 3]
- CREATIVE JOURNALING: Our Best Bright Selves - with Kathie MacDuff: July 23-29, 2017 - details »
- A WORLD FULL OF WONDER - with Judy Steers: July 23-29, 2017 - details »
- SPIRITUAL NEEDS AND OUR HEALTH - with Bob Glasgow: July 23-29, 2017 - details »
- R&R REST & RELAXATION OPTION - If you want to be self-directed in your time at Sorrento Centre, please sign up for the Rest and Relaxation option - details »
- WORSHIP LEADERSHIP - with Nicholas Pang & Kevin Zakresky: July 23-29, 2017 - details »
- FULL LIST
- Visit the Sorrento Centre Facebook site here » / current pictures and updates
You are invited to join us for any of our free 2017 Public Lecture Series at Sorrento Centre. This is an opportunity for the wider community to enjoy a presentation each week throughout our summer programming
See also short presentation summaries, poster and bulletin insert downloads here »
- Week 3: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 @ 7:30pm - Naturally speaking… with Judy Steers
- Week 4: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 @ 7:30pm - Traces of the Divine: Poetry and Spiritual Life with Melissa Skelton & Eric Stroo
- Week 5: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 @ 7:30pm - Singing for Our Lives: How Music Shapes and Expresses Our Beliefs and Inspires Us to Do Good with Marty Haugen
- Image (above) is Week 1 2017 Public Lecture with Dean Peter Elliott - The Value of Institutional Religion in a Secular Age
- Photos & bios here »
- Dear Friends, It is with sadness that I write to inform you of the resignation of The Reverend Louise Peters as Executive Director of Sorrento Centre. Her resignation is effective in early August of this year as per the three months notice required.
Louise resigns in order to take up appointment as Vicar of St. James Cathedral in the city and Diocese of Toronto. While we can rejoice with Louise and the people of St. James ... read more here » / Download the letter from President of the Board James Cowan here (pdf) »
- The Right Reverend James A. J. Cowan, President of the Sorrento Centre Society and Chair of the Board, invites nominations from the Associates for the Search Committee for the next Executive Director of Sorrento Centre.
The Search Committee will have two positions for Associates. If you are interested in serving on the Search Committee you may self-nominate or be nominated by an Associate. Nominations will be received until Friday, June 12. Selected nominees will be contacted after June 12 and all Associates will be informed of the membership of the Search Committee.
For more information and to complete the online nomination form please click here. For more about Associates of Sorrento Centre, see here »
- Meet our 4-month Summer Leadership Team and find out more information about the opportunities coming up for youth and young adults! - see here »
From time to time, Sorrento Centre emails a newsletter of updates and announcements. The latest issue can also be viewed as a webpage:
In the newsletter, click the tabs (top left) to subscribe to future e-mailings, share with friends and colleagues, or view past issues in the archive.
- ASSISTANT COOK - Sorrento Centre is seeking an Assistant Cook with a minimum of 2 years kitchen experience in a leadership role. Full-Time, Seasonal ... View and/or download position description here »
- PREP COOK & DISHWASHER - Sorrento Centre is seeking a prep cook/dishwasher. This will be a 30-40 hours per week position for the months of May and June and then full time for the months of July and August. Casual work into the fall is a significant possibility. ... View and/or download position description here »
- Sorrento Centre is pleased to invite interested young people aged 15 years or older to apply to spend the summer as a volunteer at Sorrento Centre. Volunteer application / information: [updated]: pdf view/download here »
Nourish yourself – connect with creation! Experience our faith-based farm!
Sorrento Centre Farm is now entering its 8th year of producing fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, and flowers for our guests and community.
Our farm is a deeply integrated element of life at Sorrento Centre. While spending time with your family and friends in Sorrento, you will have abundant opportunities to engage with creation on our farm.
Some of the opportunities include
- Farm to Table: fresh farm produce served in the dining room
- Creation Integration: Children and Youth Program farm activities
- Share in the Abundance: seasonal produce available
- Farm Tours: Everyone is invited to join us for a farm tour
CALGARY/SORRENTO – The Diocese of Calgary has announced that it is contributing $750,000 to the “Next 50” Campaign for Sorrento Centre, the Anglican Retreat and Conference Centre located on Shuswap Lake in Sorrento, BC. Calgary is one of the nine Dioceses in Western Canada affiliated with Sorrento Centre....
We’ve had lots of guests at the Centre over the past couple of weeks who appear to have enjoyed their stays. Here’s what some of them have had to say:
- “Wonderful. The service and meals were top notch; we lacked for nothing. Staff at Sorrento Centre are friendly and helpful.”
- “Thank you for all you do to make the guests feel welcome and comfortable. It was inspiring to be part of a group who are committed and serious about their faith and honest and open in sharing belief and friendship.”
- “Program, food, hospitality, accommodation all great. … Very welcoming staff! Very lovely – peaceful. Thanks for a good experience! “Excellent facility for our needs. Beautiful surroundings and most friendly staff. Very happy with the abundance of fresh fruits and veggies.”
- “The place is a little bit of heaven. Thanks to your wonderful friendly staff. You make us feel very welcome.”
- “Thank you to all! I always enjoy my time here (this is the 5th). This is such a welcoming, mellow, spirit-filled place. There are always great people to meet, staff included.”
- John Bell leading "God Bless to Us our Bread" at Sorrento Centre - posted by Youthful Lutheran: here »
- Cursillo Kitchen Crew Sorrento Centre 2010 "Never never never give up" - posted by Dan Hines - here »
- BCAYM (Anglican Youth Movement) centennial announcement - here » - posted by BCAYM
- Flyover and Bluegrass - here » posted by David Gonella
- See Sorrento Centre's YouTube channel here »
- Enjoy some sounds from Swing Camp. See part of the choral performance lead by Brian Tate on Sorrento Centre YouTube channel »
- Art Expressions - The "Early Christians of the 21st Century" and the "Art and Spirit: Hands on and Hearts Open!" courses spent part of a morning together. See a video slideshow made by Scott McLeod of their time creating together on Sorrento Centre YouTube channel »
- Sounds from Morning Prayer - on Sorrento Centre YouTube channel »
- Summer Days sideshow to the music of Sorrento Centre workshop and worship resource leader Linnea Good - on Sorrento Centre YouTube channel »
Take a peak at a typical week of Summer at Sorrento Centre from the experience of our children, youth and Summer Youth Staff: here » [opens on a new webpage] Filled with worship, music, games, and many activities for the whole family in a beautiful outdoor space. Bring your whole family and join us for Summer 2012.Special thanks to Linnea Good for the use of her song "Who Am I" (unknown origin) from the album Swimmin' Like a Bird. Visit Linnea's website here ». Dan Hines, Linnea Good and David Jonsson are leading the worship and music for Week 4 2013
Compare and Contrast! See how much of a bargain Sorrento Centre cabanas are compared to the similar walled camping tents erected by the national parks "oTent-ic" program. For a description of the Parks Canada facility, plus suggestions, rules, and accomodation, reservation and site entry fees see here » . For information on Sorrento's Cabanas, see here »
Map of the Sorrento Centre campus online here »
View a gallery of all the web page banner headings here »