- SLOW FAITH – An Advent Retreat - with John Privett: November 24-26, 2017 - details »
- COMPLETE LIST of all 2017 courses, workshops & retreats here »
- GROUP & COMMUNITY EVENTS hosted at Sorrento Centre - See a list of booked faith community meetings,
reunions, workshops, retreats, courses and personal/family events in 2017 - here »
- Sagebrush Quilters
- Absolutely Obsessed
- Tangled Stitches
- SoulCare Silent Retreat
- Creative Memories with Lynn
- St. Mary's Christmas Luncheon
- See a list of booked faith community meetings, reunions, workshops, retreats, and private personal/family events in 2017 - here »
IT IS NOW THREE MONTHS since The Reverend Louise Peters took up her new position as Vicar of St. James Cathedral in Toronto! She is missed by many of us, and has left an enduring mark on Sorrento Centre after her 2 ¼ years as Executive Director of The Centre.
In the absence of an Executive Director, the Associate Director, Melissa Green, has accepted appointment to be the Interim Executive Director until the appointment of Sorrento Centre’s next Executive Director... Read the full text here »
- WEB FIRST - The information about 2018 courses and events be available on this website as soon as details are confirmed and ready to announce. The immediate updates will be circulate in the Sorrento email news. Not on the email list? Subscribe here »
- PRINT LATER The printed booklet version has the same 2018 information as the immediate online but will be available and delivered several weeks later after layout preparation, printing and shipping. The "hard copy" is mailed on request - to be added to the list, please call the office: 1-866-694-2409 or email: email@example.com - Additional copies are also distributed to parishes in BC and Alberta and others on request.
- FAITH AND COMMUNITY GROUPS & PRIVATE EVENTS - Events hosted at Sorrento Centre and sponsored by faith-based organizations, community and private groups are listed here »
- Visit the Sorrento Centre Facebook site here » / current pictures and updates!
- 2017 Summer Youth Staff team photos & bios here » Interested in staff or volunteer positions in 2018? Applications will be begin in the new year. See the 2017 process for a taste of things to come - here »
From time to time, Sorrento Centre emails a newsletter of updates and announcements. The latest issue can also be viewed as a webpage:
In the newsletter, click the tabs (top left) to subscribe to future e-mailings, share with friends and colleagues, or view past issues in the archive.
Nourish yourself – connect with creation! Experience our faith-based farm!
Sorrento Centre Farm is now entering its 8th year of producing fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, and flowers for our guests and community.
Our farm is a deeply integrated element of life at Sorrento Centre. While spending time with your family and friends in Sorrento, you will have abundant opportunities to engage with creation on our farm.
Some of the opportunities include
- Farm to Table: fresh farm produce served in the dining room
- Creation Integration: Children and Youth Program farm activities
- Share in the Abundance: seasonal produce available
- Farm Tours: Everyone is invited to join us for a farm tour
CALGARY/SORRENTO – The Diocese of Calgary has announced that it is contributing $750,000 to the “Next 50” Campaign for Sorrento Centre, the Anglican Retreat and Conference Centre located on Shuswap Lake in Sorrento, BC. Calgary is one of the nine Dioceses in Western Canada affiliated with Sorrento Centre....
We’ve had lots of guests at the Centre over the past couple of weeks who appear to have enjoyed their stays. Here’s what some of them have had to say:
- “Wonderful. The service and meals were top notch; we lacked for nothing. Staff at Sorrento Centre are friendly and helpful.”
- “Thank you for all you do to make the guests feel welcome and comfortable. It was inspiring to be part of a group who are committed and serious about their faith and honest and open in sharing belief and friendship.”
- “Program, food, hospitality, accommodation all great. … Very welcoming staff! Very lovely – peaceful. Thanks for a good experience! “Excellent facility for our needs. Beautiful surroundings and most friendly staff. Very happy with the abundance of fresh fruits and veggies.”
- “The place is a little bit of heaven. Thanks to your wonderful friendly staff. You make us feel very welcome.”
- “Thank you to all! I always enjoy my time here (this is the 5th). This is such a welcoming, mellow, spirit-filled place. There are always great people to meet, staff included.”
- John Bell leading "God Bless to Us our Bread" at Sorrento Centre - posted by Youthful Lutheran: here »
- Cursillo Kitchen Crew Sorrento Centre 2010 "Never never never give up" - posted by Dan Hines - here »
- BCAYM (Anglican Youth Movement) centennial announcement - here » - posted by BCAYM
- Flyover and Bluegrass - here » posted by David Gonella
- See Sorrento Centre's YouTube channel here »
- Enjoy some sounds from Swing Camp. See part of the choral performance lead by Brian Tate on Sorrento Centre YouTube channel »
- Art Expressions - The "Early Christians of the 21st Century" and the "Art and Spirit: Hands on and Hearts Open!" courses spent part of a morning together. See a video slideshow made by Scott McLeod of their time creating together on Sorrento Centre YouTube channel »
- Sounds from Morning Prayer - on Sorrento Centre YouTube channel »
- Summer Days sideshow to the music of Sorrento Centre workshop and worship resource leader Linnea Good - on Sorrento Centre YouTube channel »
Take a peak at a typical week of Summer at Sorrento Centre from the experience of our children, youth and Summer Youth Staff: here » [opens on a new webpage] Filled with worship, music, games, and many activities for the whole family in a beautiful outdoor space. Bring your whole family and join us for Summer 2012.Special thanks to Linnea Good for the use of her song "Who Am I" (unknown origin) from the album Swimmin' Like a Bird. Visit Linnea's website here ». Dan Hines, Linnea Good and David Jonsson are leading the worship and music for Week 4 2013
Compare and Contrast! See how much of a bargain Sorrento Centre cabanas are compared to the similar walled camping tents erected by the national parks "oTent-ic" program. For a description of the Parks Canada facility, plus suggestions, rules, and accomodation, reservation and site entry fees see here » . For information on Sorrento's Cabanas, see here »
Map of the Sorrento Centre campus online here »
View a gallery of all the web page banner headings here »