Sorrento Centre - Board of Directors
Tthe 2016 AGM was held Saturday, May 13, 2017 at Sorrento Centre, 1159 Passchendaele Road, Sorrento, BC
The following special resolution that will be proposed at the May 2017 AGM:
- BE IT RESOLVED as a special resolution that the Bylaws of the Society be altered by deleting the current Bylaws and replacing them with the Bylaws attached.
- DIRECT LINK to proprosed bylaws - view and/or download here »
- View the previous bylaws (2010) - here »
- ALL ASSOCIATES ARE INVITED TO ATTEND the Annual General Meetings. Associates of the Centre have voice and vote at the meeting as long as Associates Membership is up to date. See Associates page here »
The current Board of Directors consists of the following appointed and elected members:
- New appointees: Bishop’s of British Columbia appointee Bianca Cowan (Vancouver), Edmonton Bishop’s appointee Brian Laver (Edmonton), Calgary Bishop’s appointee Elizabeth Short (Calgary), Alberta Youth Representative appointed by Edmonton Bishop Iliana Pappas (Edmonton)
- Remaining appointees continuing: James Cowan, Len Fraser, Jennifer Sirges, Jaime Miller Elected Board members: Rick Barr, Heather Esposito, Karl Maier, Paul Nahirney, Sarah Williams
- Staff support: Executive Director, Louise Peters and Associate Director, Melissa Green both sit on the Board of Directors as staff, supporting the work of the Board and have voice but not vote.
- A summary of the October meeting is available in the most recent Sorrento Centre emailer - see here »
- Current bylaws - see here »
- Governance Policies see here »
- For more about the Sorrento Centre, see here »
- We are saddened to hear and share that Bishop Jim Cruickshank died peacefully December 30, 2015. A service was held at Christ Church Cathedral, Vancouver on January 16 @ 3 pm - details here »
In 1965 Jim founded Sorrento Centre and was Director of the Centre through 1973. He has been a friend, teacher, mentor and holy presence in this holy place ever since. We give great thanks for his life and ministry and ask that you join us in offering prayers of thanksgiving for his life and prayers for his family at this time. See Diocese of New Westminster here »
- Before Christmas we received the sad news that Ashleigh Roundhill died on December 21, 2015. Ashleigh's history with Sorrento Centre goes back to the early years and we give thanks for his life and ministry here and for his children and grandchildren who he has introduced to this holy place.
A service of Thanksgiving for Ashleigh's life was held at St. John the Divine at 2 pm on January 9, 2016. Please join us in offering prayers of thanksgiving for Ashleigh's life and ministry and prayers for his family and friends as they grieve his death. We share with you his obituary and remember all that he gifted to this world. See also Victoria Times Colonist »
- Before Christmas we received the sad news that Ruth Zenger, a long time supporter and volunteer of the Centre died on December 19, 2015; the 10th anniversary of the death of her husband and best friend Herbert Alan Zenger. Ruth has cared for our archives for a number of years with much dedication for which we give thanks.
A memorial service will take place at St. George Anglican Church, Cadboro Bay at 2pm on 16 January 2016. Distribution of ashes will be in the Sorrento Centre Memorial Garden at a later date. Please join us in prayers of thanksgiving for Ruth's life and ministry and prayers for her family and friends as they grieve her death. We share with you her obituary and remember all that she gifted to this world. See also here »